Happy June 1st!! I just love JUNE, it’s an amazing month and this month our Theme is JUST RUN June! I’ll be posting fun information about running through my Instagram, Facebook Page and on YouTube. Please join in on the fun. My personal challenge is to run every other day in June. Every “odd” numbered day of the month will be a running day for me! What is your running goal for this month? Are you determined to go from a NON-RUNNER to a runner? Are you training for a road race? Are you trying to get faster? Are you working on your ability to run hills? Are you wanting to lean up your legs? Are you looking to prevent injury? etc…What is your goal?
A few tips:
- Don’t run every day- it’s hard on your body! Even running every 3rd day will provide results!
- Start conservative run for 1 min, walk to recover and repeat for 10 mins total.
- Wear good shoes; it’s vital to your feet, knees, hips and back health
- Mix it up- do some intervals, some hills, some sprints, some long slow runs
- Breath with your belly and thru your nose and mouth- get that OXYGEN!
- Use good form and posture- no slouching and lift your legs up (no shuffling or wogging)
Let’s JUST RUN this JUNE!!