10 Butt Workouts
These 10 “sandwiches” won’t add junk to your trunk!!
#1. the “HAM” sandwich Butt workout
Do this circuit 4 times~ it is not a RACE
- “H”- Hip-Ups : Place feet up on a bench (chair, box, couch, ottoman, etc) and lift hips up5 reps slow and controlled being sure to hold the SQUEEZE for at least 2 seconds
- “A”- Around the Worlds: Stand holding something for balance, lift right leg out to side and move it in circle “around the world” switch legs and alternate directions on each set
- “M”- Money Makers: Stand with feet a bit wider than shoulder width, place right hand on hip, left hand on head and jut right hip out as you rotate slightly.
#2. the “SUB” sandwich Butt workout
This SUB “sandwich” won’t add junk to your trunk!!One of the main things I touch on in today’s video is the importance of creating and keeping mobility in your hip and pelvic joint– the only way you can do it is through consistent diligent effort~ these special HINEY workouts are vital for helping you develop mobility and strength in your hips!
Do this circuit 4 times~ it is not a RACE!
- “S”- Squat : Place feet a bit wider than shoulder width, toes out and lower sticking butt back and out. Focus on really OPENING your hips as you go low. Nice slow and controlled pace for 10 reps.
- “U”- UnderButts: Stand legs a bit wider than shoulder width and knees slightly bent. Start with an exaggerated lumbar curve and then rotate pelvis forward so than your butt is clinched and you have an underbutt. Do 10 reps.
- “B”- Booty Swivels: Stand with as if you are lunging with left foot forward, feet facing forward and hold onto something in front of you. Open your hips to the right then swivel back to start. Do 10 reps each side alternating starting leg each set.
#3. the “BLT” sandwich Butt workout
Butt circuit workout repeat 4 times
- “B”- Booty Pops: Stand with all your weight on on leg with knee slightly bent, bend leg a bit more and push up through your heel to contract booty as you return to start position. Do 10 reps each side; alternating starting leg with each set
- “L”- Lunge: Forward lunge pushing up and back to starting position alternating legs 10 total (5per leg
- “T”- Twirl: Stand with feet in a wide stance and Twirl your hips in a big circle- do 5 clockwise followed by 5 counterclockwise. Alternate starting direction with each set.
#4. the “PBJ” sandwich Butt workout
- “P”- Pigeon toe Push ups- place your feet on the floor with pigeon toes do a push up and then stick your butt up into the air like how kids do pushups do 10 total. I’ve included a plank to butt up position for those unable to do the push up portion.
- “B”- Bulgarians- Place one leg on a bench behind you and lower your body down using your front leg to press yourself back up. Do 5 on each leg alternating your start leg with each set.
- “J” – Jumps one leg at a time do 5 each leg being sure to jump with butt engagement by bending knee.
#5. the “MAC” sandwich Butt workout
- “M”- MMA Squat- get in a “fighting stance”, hands up by ears to and squat 5 times; Jump to switch foot position and do 5 more.
- “A”-Abduction- simple laying side leg raises- lay on your side with head propped up on elbow. Lift top leg up as high as you can without rotating hips open- you may want to point toe down to help activate your hip/glute muscles. Do 15-25 reps (to failure) on one leg and then repeat with the other leg. Be sure to alternate starting leg with each set
- “C”- Cross Swings- Stand with all your weight on right leg holding on to a chair or bar in-front of you – lift left leg up to side and then swing it A-CROSS the right leg in a controlled fashion. Do 10 each leg and be sure to alternate staring leg with each set.
#6. the “WRAP” sandwich Butt workout
- “W”- Wiggle It- Stand with legs slightly further than shoulder width apart. shift weight from one side to the other lifting right hip and bending knees of left leg to do so and switch back and forth giving a “wiggle” type dancing motions.
- “R”- Running Ups- Stand holding a bar or back of chair infront of you. Bring knee up to chest (like running) and then extending foot back behind you about 1.5 to 2 feet with a “bounce” between. Do 15 on each leg then switch.
- “A”- Adductions- Lay on your back with feet up in the air and butt propped up with hands. Made a V with legs being sure to get it as wide as possible and then close V and repeat. SLOW and controlled for 10 reps. You can vary foot position to emphasize certain muscles.
- “P”- Pilate UPS- Stand with toes out like a ballerina, squat down low with knees out to side then extend all the way up onto toes with arms above you. Repeat 5 times.
#7. the “FRISCO” sandwich Butt workout
- “F”- Flashdance- Start standing with feet shoulder width apart. Lift and place right leg out to the side as far as you can reach touching the floor with toe. At the same time place left hand on head and extend right arm out to match extension of right leg. HOLD position while exaggerating the curvature of your back on the right side. Quickly switch legs and repeat the move alternating from right to left for 10 reps on each side.
- “R”- Reverse Lunge- Stand with feet together then place your right foot behind you lowering your body down to where knee of right leg is 1inch above floor. Use your front leg (left) to pull yourself back up to starting position. Alternate legs for a total of 10 on each leg.
- “I”- Inverted ups- Place feet on floor in front of you legs bent at 90degrees and hands behind you propped up on a bench or chair (have you body in a position like you are sitting- similar to that of bench/chair dips). Jut hips forward squeezing glutes as you press body forward into a straight line- still keeping some bend in the knees- Do 5 with feet straight and 5 with toes out.
- “S”- Showgirl- Stand holding on to something at your side. Kick legs up like a show girl. Alternating starting leg and direction with each set. 10 reps each leg.
- “C”- Circles- keeping upper body upright make circles with you hips- 5 each direction
- “O”- Open hip pulse- squat low and pulse to open hips at bottom of move do 10 reps
#8. the “TUNA” sandwich Butt workout
- “T”- Tush Tighteners- get on your hands and knees. Straighten right leg behind you, then repeat. To make exercise harder extend opposite arm, your left arm at the same time you lift right leg. Repeat move for 10 reps on both legs.
- “U”- Ups on incline- Use a bench set at a low incline lay face down on it with top of bench at your hip crease. Lift legs up behind you while contracting gluttes. Touch feet to floor then repeat. Do 5 reps feet together; 5 reps feet apart and toes point out (froggy version)
- “N”- Negative Deads- Lower slowly as you strive to touch the floor, keeping “dead lift” form as you lower down. After lowering stand back up quickly contracting your butt as you do. Repeat 5 for reps.
- “A”- Anterior Rotators or “A$$-Outs”- get on hands and knees with knees slightly wider than shoulder width. Rotate pelvis forward and press your body back giving a good stretch to your glutes. Repeat for 10 reps.
#9. the “MELT” sandwich Butt workout
- “M”-Momma Lunge take a big MOMMA sized step and do 10 stationary lunges on each leg
- “E”- Extends on Ball- back extensions using an exercise ball
- “L”- Lift Hip (belly dancer move)- stand with feet together then bend knee placing right foot on tippy toes about 6 inches in front of your left foot. Raise left arm above head as you also raise your right hip. Do 10 on each side.
- “T”- Tiny Squats- get in a good squat stance and do “tiny” squats within the middle of the motion- all movement should stem from glutes. Do 10 reps
#10. the “POBOY” sandwich Butt workout
- “P”- Pulsing Hydrants- Start on hands and knees. Lift one leg out to the side and pulse 5 times. Switch legs, pulse 5 x’s and Repeat for a total of 10 on each leg.
- “O”- Open hips out- stand holding something bring knee of one leg up then rotate out finally lowering to the start position. Do 10 one each leg.
- “B”- Bridge- Start laying on back with knees bent and heels tucked up to your butt and hands palm down on floor above shoulders. Press your hips and body upward by extending limbs. Hold for 10 seconds.
- “O”- Over-hurdle- this drill is the opposite of “open hips” Stand holding something and lift leg with knee bent out to the side and envision your knee and foot needing to clear a hurdle in-front of you before returning your foot to start position. Do 10 one each leg.
- “Y”- Y (upsidedown) stretch- Stand with legs out toes pointing out so that your body looks like an upsidedown Y. Place hands on lower back and lean backwards. Hold stretch for 5 seconds do 5 reps.