Hey ya !!
May is upon us and we have over 700 people participating!! WOWIE!!
Today’s suggested workout is a Purple band UPPER BODY WORKOUT: http://youtu.be/gTj6ONDnqKM
I am going to do the Band workout for my warm up then hit the weights for a bit more focus on my BACK and CHEST…then go for a hills run.
It’s Thankful Thursday today!! Be sure to think about something you are thankful for today. And/Or be extra thankful. The art of APPRECIATION is so powerful. Reach out to and thank someone, you will be amazed at how much it impacts you in the positive!!
Our diet challenge for today is to eat some fish! Each day of the week we have a set diet challenge that is meant to get you thinking about your food intake and help you get out of the “grind” of eating the same things all the time. Variety in food intake is vital for nutritional and mental reasons. Try some fish today! Tuna, Salmon and Talapia are some of the fish I eat.
This week’s diet focus is to Drink More Water!
With the weather warming up realize you may need to up your water intake from where it has been the past few months. A good goal intake is at least half of your body weight in ounces daily, but often times up to 1 gallon a day is recommended for those with higher protein intake and for those who consistently workout. Water is vital for flushing out toxins in your body and the transport of nutrients to your cells. Key things to keep in mind are that when you initially up your water intake you may retain water for a day or two, but then your body will regulate itself and you’ll find that the consistent higher intake of water will help you NOT retain water. Beware that too much water can be dangerous…if you find that you are cramping or constantly thirsty despite drinking tons of water or light headed, you may be consuming too much water and flushing minerals and electrolytes from your body. If that’s the case lower your intake and consider supplementing with a good healthy sodium.
Our fitness focus for the week is building Endurance.
Endurance is your aerobic fitness. It’s what allows you to Go, Go, Go!! This week take some time to strive to be MORE ACTIVE! Here’s some ideas on how to increase your ENDURANCE:
- Walk more- take your dog or kids for a walk, us a pedometer and measure your steps, strive for 10,000/day
- Stand more- refuse to sit unless 100% necessary, try a standing work station
- Do more cleaning- spring cleaning time of the year! organize, give away, sell unused items
- Get out in nature- hike or bike on trials near your home, do some landscaping, outdoor planting, etc…
- Join a running club or sign up for race, it will give you the motivation to hit the pavement. BTW- running outside is so much more effective than on a treadmill, try it!!
- Buy a heart rate monitor and USE IT!! Get in your aerobic zone and strive to stay there for 20, 30, 40, 50 or even 60 mins!! You’ll be amazed at how quickly your heart will get stronger and how fast your endurance improves!
That’s all for now!! Have fun with this challenge~ We can do it!!
If you are a planner– each day’s workout is on my blog: http://buffmother.com/8470/8470/
in the Team BuffMother Rally Room you’ll find details here:
The Key to your Motivation is to Encourage others!